Friday, March 4, 2011

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape (Just so you know I'm aware these are not God's words)

So the Second Saturday I was here I had the blessing of helping Debie host seven young girls here up on the hilltop for a sleepover. We played crazy eights followed by a lively game of spoons (during which somehow a rip was made in the tablecloth, of which I shall only say that it was a group effort). We partook in a lovely meal prepared by Debie and then enjoyed a lovely campfire of which, I might add, we a group girl effort and turned out quite splendidly. We then toasted marshmallows. I taught them the fruit of the Spirit song, and we talked about Psalm 139 and what it said about our lives. I had an immensely pleasing time and was so overwhelmingly blessed by the girls! Here we all are by the fire.

The next day being Sunday we all piled in the car and returned them to their respective families. I hope fun was had by all!!

The next Sunday I was able to attend a church in a village called Los Tombos, which is a village just passed where Amazing Grace Fellowship meets (which is the church Jim and Debie currently attend). Eric and his wife Magdalena are serving there. They are Calvary Missionaries sent out from El Salvador. The entire service was in Spanish so I've been really working to improve my skills. I feel like I understood a good portion of the message. During the service we had a visitor. This is Paco.

One of these days I'll actually get a picture of his face. Paco, I'm told, lives with a local family and comes often to visit at church. Pastor Eric says he likes that children and comes whenever they are gathered. Please be praying for me ministry in Los Tombos. I spoke with a local Doctor in San Ignacio today and he is interested in doing a clinic with me out there. These people have very limited access to medical care. The closest hospital is about thirty minutes away but many of them may not have any transportation. I am looking at the possibility of teaching simple hygiene classes to the kids. Magdalena and I get along swell and I'm hoping that she will help me with my Spanish and I know she is hoping that I will do the same for her English.

On Tuesday Jim arrived back home from his trip to the states to take care of a flood in Debie's mother's home. We soon found out that her mother is not doing well and Debie traveled back to the states on Thursday to be with her as her health is fading fast. Please keep this in prayer as well.

God is quickly showing me that His will is to be done with this trip and not my own. Of this I am very thankful for because I would come back the same self-absorbed person if it were not so. I am reading through 2 Samuel in my devotions which is greatly reminding me of my Calvary Hanford family. I have also enjoyed some wonderful devotion time with Debie as well. Nothing like going through Psalm 119 to remind you of how dependent we should be on the word of God.

I have also had the pleasure of having another intern visit this past week. This is my new friend Becka!

Becka is interning with Pastor Patrick and his family in Cayo. We had the pleasure of borrowing her for a week and we had a blast. She is actually back with us now while Debie is in the States.

Blessings to you all and thank you so much for your continued prayers!

Prayer requests

For the ministry in Los Tombos and the possibility of a clinic with Dr. Sanchez.

For Debie, and the Tucker family, as she is with her mom while she is preparing to be with Jesus.

That I would be pliable clay in the Potter's hands while I am here.

1 comment: