Thursday, April 7, 2011

In Unity This Family in Christ Shall Stand

So it’s been more than a week since my last post, but here is the rundown. March 28th brought a visitor to Octavia Waight. Fletcher is a Physical Therapist as well as a Physician’s Assistant. I was able learn many things from his knowledge and experience. He has been coming to Belize for over ten years and is very good friends with Dorothee (The nurse I am working with at Octavia Waight). He was here for two weeks and left today. We were able to work with the patients at Octavia Waight and further develop their individualized exercise programs, as well as work with a local clinic in San Jose Soccutz. We were also able to make some house calls to a few patients that have had joint surgery in the past few months. I’m trying to absorb as much knowledge as possible, and there have been many opportunities. This is Becka working with Norris who is one of the amputees that I walk with every Monday and Wednesday and also my new partner for singing duets with.


This past Friday and Saturday I was able to attend a local youth conference in Belmopan with some friends. Fun was had by all I’m sure and all I have to say is where can I get some of that Reggae worship?! Here’s the whole crew.


This past Sunday we were able to have a one-day clinic in the village of Los Tambos. Dr. Sanchez (who I worked with when I came last February with a team from Lemoore) was gracious to come and work with all of us in order to bring some medical care to the people who don’t have much available locally. Pastor Eric and his wife Magdalena worked faithfully to bring the word of God to the locals while Debie, Becka and I worked in various capacities. We were able to see a little over thirty patients and I will be returning this Sunday for some follow-up care. Praise be to our heavenly Father for His never-ending faithfulness!!
God is showing me many things through my daily devotions. Here is an excerpt from the selection I read this morning.

Then the king stood in his place and made a covenant before the LORD, to follow the LORD, and to keep His commandments and His testimonies and His statutes with all his heart and all his soul, to perform the words of the covenant that were written in this book. And he made all who were present in Jerusalem and Benjamin take a stand. So the inhabitants of Jerusalem did according to the covenant of God, the God of their fathers. Thus Josiah removed all the abominations from all the country that belonged to the children of Israel, and made all who were present in Israel diligently serve the LORD their God. All his days they did not depart from following the LORD God of their fathers.

2 Chronicles 34:31-33

Wherever I am, am I willing to take a stand for Christ? Josiah was eight years old when he took the throne of Judah. He was twenty-six when the book of the law was found and he took a stand for Christ by holding the Passover and tearing down the high places. Am I willing to tear down everything in my life that is not of Christ? Because of what Josiah was willing to do the scripture says, “All his days they did not depart from following the LORD God of their fathers.” My prayer is that my stand for Christ will lead others to not depart from following the LORD God of their fathers. Thank you to everyone for all of your prayers! Seems hard to believe that I only have three weeks left. God bless you all!

In Jesus,
Your little traveler
Hannah-a bondservant of Jesus Christ

Please pray for:

A retreat for the girls of Los Tambos here on the hilltop this weekend-that I would share the heart of Christ on his plans for the single woman

Follow-up with the patients seen in Los Tambos this Sunday

Praise:

For Debie’s safe arrival back and Belize

For Jim’s safe arrival back in the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment