Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week One

This past week was full of new experiences and reacquainting with the people of Belize. I started helping at Octavia Waight, which is a geriatric nursing facility. I'll be helping Dorothy who is the nurse here. Dorothy is a missionary from Switzerland. It was a privilege to give her the medical supplies I brought from the US including some things donated from friends from work and bought with money that was donated to my trip. I'll be working with her on Mondays and Wednesdays. I was also able to spend Tuesday with a family from church. Danny and Tina open their home to the youth on Tuesday nights and every other week the study is taught in Spanish. I have already been asked to translate but I think I might need a few weeks to warm up my Spanish skills. Saturday night was the big bonfire and sleepover with the girls from Amazing Grace Fellowship. Seven girls came from ages 8-12. We had tons of fun from singing campfire songs to playing an agressive game of spoons to studying the word of God. It was great. Please continue to pray that I may adjust to life here. God bless

2 comments: