Thursday, February 10, 2011

I Love Airports- They Mean That You Are Almost Somewhere


So this trip is definitely not what I planned so far which I am glad about because I wanted to go into it with not many expectation but to only be looking for God’s open doors.  God has already taken some of the expectations that I formed, but intended not to, and thrown them right out of the window.
            After saying goodbye and my father driving me to the airport I discovered that my morning flight had been canceled due to weather conditions in Dallas, Texas.  I am grateful that my Daddy came with me into the airport to help me check my baggage and then later sort things out with my flight.  The attendant at the airline counter was very helpful and after much debate and evaluating the options I decided to take a later flight yesterday, and here I am now spending the night at the Las Vegas airport waiting for my 7AM flight to take me to Dallas and then on to Belize City.  I almost laughed out loud when I read this verse as I was sitting here.

And Moses said to them, “Stand still, that I may hear what the LORD will command concerning you.”
Numbers 9:8

Jesus just decided that I needed more time preparing my heart and maybe a little rest as I spent most of yesterday afternoon catching up on some much needed sleep.  He needed me to “Stand still.”  I have been able to spend much of the travel time in reflection and prayer.  Please pray for me that I may be able to “hear what the LORD will command concerning me.”  Also please pray for the safety and wellbeing of Debie Tucker, as she has had to stay in Belize City, as it is to far to travel home and then back out to the airport the next day.

Prayer

  1. For myself that I would wait on the LORD

  1. For Debie’s safety tonight and tomorrow as we travel back to the Tucker’s home

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the update! hope you found a soft place to rest in the airport...tonight...you'll be sleeping in critter cabin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 Corinthians 1:3-11

    This was part of my reading today and I felt like God wanted me to share it with you. Not that you are necessarily afflicted (or comforted) right this second, but that when you are, the Lord will use it to minister to others, and vice versa. We are eager to share with you in the afflictions and comforts of your time in Belize!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise be to our ever faithful Savior that He used you to speak to me. I didn't even see this comment till a couple of days ago and I'm so thankful for His consolation. Thanks Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete